Friday 8 March 2013

In The Wellness Corner with Madeleine Shaw


Welcome to my very first interview in a new segment called The Wellness Corner. Every other Friday I'll be interviewing health and wellness professionals so we can find out their tips and tricks to a happy and healthy life. Let's start building up a collection of awesome people you can connect with to gain access to empowering information and delicious inspiration!

Up first is this gorgeous girl, Madeleine Shaw. I found her blog a little while back when a friend recommended I check it out and I'm so glad I did! It's full to the brim with wellness knowledge, inspiration and delicious nourishing recipes. Let's hear what Madeleine has to say...





Name: Madeleine Shaw

Age: 22

Location: London


Can you tell us in a sentence or two what you do?

I am a nutritional health coach, creative chef, vociferous blogger, fledgling presenter and self-professed yoga enthusiast. My intention is to help my clients enliven the hottest, healthiest, happiest versions of themselves. Through my website and consultations, my intention is to reeducate in the appreciation and effects of eating wholesome, organic produce and to work towards inspiring others to have better relationships with their bodies, boost confidence, inject energy and sculpt beautiful silhouettes.



What first made you interested in health and wellness?


I used to be a big party girl and always had a foggy head and was deprived of energy. By changing my diet and lifestyle this completely disappeared and I felt amazing. I had always been brought up eating pretty well and had a good understanding but had let other aspects of my health slip to the side. when I started seeing that health and wellness wasn't just about what you eat but also about your thoughts, lifestyle and outlook on life I felt that I had to share this with the world. 


What keeps you motivated to practice what you preach?


I love feeling good in the morning and the minute I eat badly or slip out of a good routine I really fell it. I love to feel alive and to function optimally, my diet and lifestyle allows me to this and make the most of each precious day. 




What staples would we find if we went rummaging in your kitchen?

  • organic veggies
  • almonds
  • coconut oil
  • grass fed meat
  • sustainably caught sea food
  • chia seeds
  • desiccated coconut
  • yogurt



What is your favourite on the go snack?


My raw bliss balls, a treat with a whole host of energy. (See below of recipe.) 



If you could share one piece of advice loud and clear with the world what would it be?

Eat whole organic foods, (that means nothing pre made or packaged), take time to chew and do something everyday that puts a smile on your face! 


What could not go a day without?

Coconut oil, I cook everything in it! I use it as a body moisturiser and hair conditioner. Its amazing, so good for digestion, full of essential fatty acids and smells oh so good :) 



Favourite quote?


"Go in the Directions of your dreams, live the life you imagined"




Could you share a recipe with us?

Yes I thought I'd share my bliss ball recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 100g pitted Medjool dates
  • 100g activated almonds (available in health food stores or you can make your own)
  • 100g shredded coconut
  • 3 TBSP raw organic cacao powder
  • 30g raw coconut oil
  • 1 tablespoon chia seed
Directions:
Firstly soak the dates in water for 20 minutes so they soften slightly. In a food processor blend the almonds, coconut, cocoa and chia seeds. Melt the coconut oil.
Slowly add the dates and melted oil into the food processor until thick paste is made. Roll the mixture into bit size balls with your hands then place into the freezer for half an hour, then refrigerate until required.


Get connected: 

Facebook: www.facebook.com/madeleineshawnutrition

Twitter: twitter.com/madeleine_shaw_

Instagram: @madeleine_shaw



No comments:

Post a Comment